Friday, November 9, 2007

America's Test Kitchen Cookbook

I tried the slow cooker beef stew recipe out of my America's Test Kitchen Cookbook. It had a few twists in it from the regular dumping in of browned beef and vegetables, we will see how much of a difference it makes in the taste after being in the crockpot for 8 hours! I need to get some crusty bread to have with it.

Today is our twin grandchildren's first birthday. We had a celebration with them last night, and it was a great time. They are full of personality and even a little attitude.

Tonight is a retreat for our mission committee.

I'm finishing up a few gigantic santa hats. They hang upside down as stockings and are very long. I went according to the pattern, and ended up just now having to cut them off, and re-sewing the ends... I saved the ends to make new hats, just smaller!

I'm waiting for gingers and hearts (stocking stuffers) to dry in the oven now... this is the first time I've used this recipe of grunge. I sure liked how they looked wet, let's see how they dry.

No comments: